The interview was conducted thru Zoom with a second-year student. The student seemed to have a set of questions to ask and then proceeded to follow up depending on my response.
1) Can you go introduce yourself?
2) Why an mba?
2) Why booth? What specifically does Booth offer you that you are looking for?
3) What are your short-term and long-term goals? Do you have a backup plan?
4) Who is a leader you admire and why?
5) What leadership type do you have? What are you doing to actively improve your leadership?
6) Tell me about a time you were overwhelmed and had time constraints. What did you do and how did you handle it?
7) What are three words that would describe your leadership type?
8) Tell about a time you failed and how did you respond?
9) Are there any organizations at Booth that interest you?
10) Where else are you applying?
11) What questions do you have for me?
The interview was resume based and it seemed that the only information she had was my resume. I thought the interview went fine, but the interviewer seemed very robotic. I was surprised that they asked where else I applied and why. Most of my other interviews did not ask during our conversations. Leadership and basic why MBA questions were expected. This wasn’t the most friendly interviewer I’ve had so far, but sometimes people have bad days. I think the interview could have went better, but that’s how things go in life!