fbpx
The Leading Independent Resource for Top-tier MBA Candidates
Menu


Home » News » News » MBA News » Employment Report » Georgetown McDonough MBA Class of 2021 Set Employment Records

Georgetown McDonough MBA Class of 2021 Set Employment Records

georgetown mba employment 2021

Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business has released the employment report for its full-time MBA graduates of 2021. The report shows an impressive performance for the new graduates as they recorded the highest levels of job offers and acceptance rates ever seen for MBA graduates in the institution. According to the report, 96% of the class members received job offers within three months of graduation, and 95% accepted their job offers within the same timeframe.

The new graduates also recorded high remunerations, with a $126,107 average full-time salary and a $34,073 average signing bonus. U.S. students and international students recorded similar salary packages. International students reported a median salary of $123,784 and a median signing bonus of $42,729. Likewise, U.S. students reported a median of $126,898 and a median signing bonus of $31,390.

Doreen Amorosa, associate dean and managing director of McDonough Career Services, applauded the class. “The Class of 2021 demonstrated impressive resilience, resourcefulness, and creativity in their recruiting efforts, and their hard work resulted in our best year ever for career outcomes,” Amorosa stated of the new graduates.

The Dean also shared her confidence in the graduates’ abilities to function in a wide range of industries and functions. She stated that their “technical skills, global awareness, and principled leadership abilities” would ensure that they function and make an impact in their chosen industries.

The report shows that McDonough had facilitated 78% of the accepted job offers, while the graduates themselves had facilitated the remaining 22%. Forty-eight percent of the full-time job acceptances were converted from internship programs. Among where the new graduates secured employment include notable organizations such as Amazon, Barclays, Deloitte, Capital One Financial, Google, and Microsoft. Others include Citigroup, EY, Johnson & Johnson, Rothschild, StepStone Group, JPMorgan Chase, Nestle USA, and MorganFranklin Consulting.

Industry Placement for the 2021 McDonough MBA Graduates

Thirty-two percent of the Class of 2021 joined financial services, making the industry the most popular choice for the year. Consulting and technology follow at second and third with 26% and 17%, respectively. Consumer goods and social impact/non-profit run a distant fourth and fifth with 7% and 6%, respectively. Though only four percent of the graduates chose to go into the healthcare sector, the figure is better than the 2020 percentage for the same industry. More members of the 2021 class also preferred to go into the consumer goods sector compared to the 2020 class.

Georgetown McDonough MBA Employment Report:
Top 5 Industry Placement

Financial Services32%
Consulting26%
Technology17%
Consumer Goods7%
Social Impact / Non-profit6%

 

Graduates who are in the consulting, financial services, and technology industries recorded the highest median salaries. Graduates in consulting firms reported a median salary of $145,000, those in the financial services, a median salary of $138,000, and those who chose tech firms reported a median salary of $130,000.

Regional Placement for the 2021 McDonough MBA Graduates

Forty-two percent of the 2021 class accepted job offers from firms in the Mid-Atlantic. Thirty percent went for firms in the Northeast, 10% in the West, and 5% in the Midwest and Southwest. Four percent accepted job offers from firms in the South, and another 4% went for international companies.

Georgetown McDonough MBA Employment Report:
Top 5 U.S. Regional Placement

Mid-Atlantic42%
Northeast30%
West10%
Midwest5%
Southwest5%

Posted in: Employment Report, MBA News

Schools: Georgetown / McDonough

About the Author


Sarah Raines

Sarah Raines has 12 years of writing and editing experience. Raines has written hundreds of articles, blogs, eBooks, courses, and full-length books (both fiction and nonfiction).

  • Sign Up For Our Newsletter

  • Join the Clear Admit community for free and conduct unlimited searches of MBA LiveWire, MBA DecisionWire, MBA ApplyWire and the Interview Archive. Register now and you’ll also get 10% off your entire first order.

    Click here to register!

    Already have an account? .

    Log In

    Please enter your Username and Password

    Don’t have an account? Register for free