I interviewed in the first round for Michigan Ross on October 30, 2022. The interview took place over Zoom and was with a recent alumnus who was located in my current city and desired post-MBA career. The interview was very laid back and was a mixture of resume-based questions and then also behavioral with plenty of time to ask questions at the end. The interview questions were very typical of what was listed in the 2021 interviews:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. Why MBA?
3. What has been your greatest failure?
4. Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult party at work.
5. Tell me when you’ve had to defend your work.
6. How have you used diversity in the workplace? (didn’t see this on any list before)
7. What are you looking forward to at Ross?
8. How would you describe your current team?
9. Any questions for me?
10. Anything else I should know?
I thought the interview went really well and the interviewer responded to my thank you note the next day. The diversity question surprised me, but the rest of it was pretty straightforward. I ended up getting admitted with no scholarship. My advice for future Ross interviewees is to treat it like a conversation you would have with a colleague at work. Know your stuff, but understand that the other person was just in your shoes and is looking for a reason to recommend you.