I received my interview invite about a week after submitting my application and emailed the admissions office to schedule my interview during the campus visit I’d already scheduled. I arrived on campus at 9:30AM and was able to store my luggage in their coat closet. I attended the class visit, campus tour, Q&A with students, and lunch before starting my interview. After lunch, I met the second-year student at the lobby, and we went to a small study room for the interview.
She started by talking a little about her background before diving into the interview. She had a list of pre-determined questions to ask and took notes by hand on the print out. The questions were pretty straightforward, and there were no surprises.
– Walk me through your resume.
– Why MBA now? Why Yale SOM ?
– What are your short- & long-term goals?
– How will you apply your quote to your time at Yale?
– Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with. How did you resolve your differences?
– What impact do you want to make during your MBA?
– Any questions?
The interview was exactly 30 minutes, including time for questions. The interviewer was friendly, but professional. After the interview, I rejoined the campus visit group for the Yale campus tour.
I was eventually admitted with scholarship. I would highly recommend completing the interview on campus, if possible. The events in the morning definitely helped me feel more comfortable during the interview and more excited about the school.