The interview lasted 45 minutes. Approx. 30 minutes for questions. 15 minutes was informal where I had the chance to ask interviewer questions. The interviewer was very transparent that they had to complete a questionnaire and their goal was to have a conversation that would allow them to complete a questionnaire provided by admissions. The questions were as follows:
1) Tell me about yourself.
2) Why do you want to pursue an MBA now?
After these questions she switched gears and asked two to three behavioral questions with some follow-ups:
1) Tell me about a time that you had to solve a problem in a team setting.
2)Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an interpersonal issue.
Then we returned to Columbia specific questions?
1) What are near-term and long-term goals, how will Columbia help you achieve these goals?
2) How will you contribute to the CBS community?
Back to behavioral questions:
1) Tell me a time when you had to work towards creating an inclusive work environment.
The last three questions were specific to learning about me as a candidate:
1) Is there anything that you would like share with the admissions committee that you have not shared in your application or this interview?
2) Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.
3) What clubs and activities do you expect to engage in while at CBS? Why are those important to you?
The interviewer was very friendly and allowed enough time to elaborate on each of the questions. I finished the interview with 3 to 4 questions for the interviewer.