The following Duke Fuqua interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
I scheduled an on-campus interview during school visit. My interviewer is a second-year student. She was very friendly and out-going and soon found common ground with me since she did an exchange year in my home country. The interview was conversational and the questions were behavioral. The interviewer was also able to ask specific questions regarding my background.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about how your transition from country X to country Y. What was it like?
- Give me an example of a leadership experience.
- A series questions regarding details of the project in the previous question: how I built trust with my teammates, how I assigned responsibilities to each member, etc.
- What kind of personality do you work well with? Why?
- Have you ever observed someone who felt awkward in a team setting and what did you do to make them feel comfortable?
- Tell me about a constructive feedback you received.
- Tell me about a failure.
- What do you do outside of work?
- Elevator pitch to AdComs
- Questions for the interviewer
Overall, I enjoyed the interview. The interviewer showed candor, maturity and intelligence. I especially appreciated the fact she shared with me the areas for improvement for the school.
My visit to Fuqua has left me with a positive impression of the school. The culture is definitely a big draw.
Preparing for an upcoming Duke / Fuqua interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Duke / Fuqua Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.