The following Harvard Business School / HBS interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant.
Was on a weekend at Dillon House, so just me and someone from adcom (i.e. no observer). Had a minute or so of small talk before/after during the walk to their office. Very nice, fairly conversational, but had the questions at the ready.
– What was your high school experience like?
– Why [name of undergrad university]
– Walk me through your last few jobs
– Give me an example of your most recent project
– What role does your manager play in your day-to-day job?
– What’s something you’re good at?
– What’s a weakness?
– What sort of internships did you have in college (was not on my resume)?
– What would your friends say about you?
– What is a weakness your friends would say you have?
(at this point we were running out of time, so she mentioned she needs to wrap things up)
– What would be your dream job in [field I’m changing career paths toward]
– What is something you wished I had asked you about?
Felt largely prepared for every question and felt the conversation went well (had prep’d with a consultant). However, I was dinged.
I’d recommend spending plenty of time practicing with consultants and making sure you have your bases covered, felt comfortable that I put my best foot forward which makes the ding burn just a bit less!
Preparing for an upcoming HBS interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Harvard Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.