The following MIT Sloan interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
Interviewed with an Adcom member, she was very nice and made me feel comfortable during the 40 minutes interview.
The first question was if anything had changed since I’ve submitted my application. Then she continued with a series of behavioral questions. Some of the questions were:
• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone at work.
• Tell me about a time you led a team.
• Tell me about a time when you had to convince others.
• Tell me about a time you failed
• Tell me about a recent success
• Tell me about a personal goal you want to accomplish in the short term.
• Self-reflection from last year (Re-applicant)
• Why MBA/Sloan/Now?
I had to give a lot of details in my answers, she even asked me to recreate a conversation I had with a colleague. Surprisingly she didn’t ask any questions about the interview essay.
Overall I think it went great, the key is to prepare stories that cover most subjects and to deliver your answers in a structured way (the SAR method is really helpful).
Preparing for an upcoming MIT Sloan interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit MIT Sloan MBA Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.