The following Columbia MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Regular Decision Round applicant. Good luck to them!
My interviewer was a locally based alumnus who was quite easy to coordinate with. Had the interview one weekday morning in his office. The interview was mostly your typical b-school interview, I had the following questions asked to me in this order:
1. Could you walk me through your résumé and how you came to apply for business school?
2. Why Columbia?
3. What is your post-MBA goal? What is your alternative if that doesn’t work out?
4. Are you applying to other schools?
5. How do you think you can contribute to the Columbia community?
6. Do you have any questions for me about the MBA experience?
We ended up digressing a lot on questions, particularly the post-MBA goal and the contribution to the community and his MBA experience, overall felt like it went well BUT I did see that he was trying to figure out if Columbia was my top choice or not.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Columbia? Click here to get the Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.