The following UT Austin McCombs interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
This was a straightforward behavioral interview with a very friendly second-year student. We spoke for ~45 minutes and including my follow-up questions. Questions asked of me included the following:
- Tell me about your background
- Why MBA?
- Why McCombs?
- Short-term and Long-term career goals?
- What if your long-term career goals don’t pan out?
- Tell me about a time you led a team and had to make an unpopular decision. How did you deal with that?
- Describe a time you worked in a diverse team
- What have you learned about your leadership style from the first time you led a team?
- Describe a time when you came up with a creative solution to a problem
- Describe a time when you encountered a challenge. How did you adjust?
- What is one experience you’re proud of?
- How will you make McCombs better?
We spent a substantial portion of the interview talking about my extracurricular involvement and times I’ve worked with and led a team. This interview went really well, and I was admitted to McCombs in Round One. I definitely think this conversation was pivotal in my process with the school. The laid-back feel of the interview and interviewer definitely put me at ease and helped me perform better–this is in keeping with McCombs approachable and personable program. Great interview experience!
Preparing for an upcoming interview at UT Austin / McCombs? Click here to get the Clear Admit UT Austin McCombs Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.