The following Columbia MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by an Early Decision applicant.
The interview was fantastic. My interviewer was laid back and extremely nice.
He asked fairly standard questions:
- Would you walk me through your résumé?
- Why an MBA?
- What were your criteria in choosing business schools?
- Why CBS?
- What is your backup plan if consulting doesn’t work out?
- How did you initially research CBS?
- What do you do in your spare time in NYC?
- What clubs, outside of professional clubs, are you interested in (I stumbled a little bit on this one, as I was prepared to talk about professional clubs)?
There might have been one or two other questions. He then opened it up to questions that I had for him, and we talked for another 20 minutes or so. I actually left the interview more excited to join CBS, as I really liked everything the interviewer had to say.
Though I did not get the acceptance call, the application process with CBS was a great experience and CBS will always hold a special place in my heart.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Columbia? Click here to get the Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.