The following Columbia MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by an Early Decision applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
Interview at a coffee shop in NYC with a recent graduate. Very relaxed setting and the interviewer was very friendly. He and I were in the same industry, so we had a few mutual friends. Interview was pretty straightforward.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. How did you come to the decision to leave your current job?
3. Why did you pick your current job?
4. Why are we here (in reference to why are we having this interview)?
5. What are your post-MBA career goals?
6. How will CBS help you achieve them vs. other schools?
7. What academic programs are you interested in at CBS?
8. What are you most proud of?
9. What will you bring to CBS
10. What makes you different than any other applicants?
11. Teach me something.
The last question was a real curve ball, but everything else was expected.
I was told I would hear from admission two weeks from when the interviewer submitted his letter. I heard five days later that I was accepted.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Columbia? Click here to get the Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.