The following Dartmouth / Tuck MBA interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by an Early Action Applicant. Good luck to them!
2nd year student got in touch before the scheduled interview date. Emailed to confirm date and time and shared Skype details.
Very friendly. Put me at ease with a little bit of small talk. Explained his role as an interviewer. And then went ahead with the questions.
1. Walk me through your CV
2. What are your goals? Why do you want an MBA?
3. Why Tuck MBA?
4. Where do you see yourself involving yourself outside the classroom at Tuck?
5. What role do you generally play in a team? What are the characteristics that you exhibit in a team and what are the techniques you use to bring the team together?
6. Where are you planning on interning during the summer at Tuck?
7. What are your weaknesses that you hope to improve upon?
8. What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
9. Is there anything else you’d like me and the AdCom to know?
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Dartmouth / Tuck interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Tuck School of Business Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Tuck’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Tuck applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Open Interviews vs. Invited Interviews
- Podcast Episode 16: Admissions Director Q&A With Tuck’s Luke Anthony Peña, Part I
- Podcast Episode 17: Admissions Director Q&A With Tuck’s Luke Anthony Peña, Part 2
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.