The following Stanford GSB interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
Applied to FT MBA program.
Since there were no alumni in my region and I was not able to travel, I scheduled the interview with the adcom over the phone. They had access to my application prior the interview. I got two questions:
- Time when I was most effective
- Time when I led a team in a difficult/challenging situation
I was asked a lot of follow-up questions while answering, e.g. what did you do at that moment, how did you convince him/her, what was 1st step, 2nd step in the process, etc. And in the end the interviewer asked me to quantify the impact for both examples.
After we finished with these two questions, I was asked whether I wanted to add anything. And in the end I asked couple of questions.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Stanford MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Stanford GSB Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Stanford’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Stanford MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace