The following Columbia Business School interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by an Early Decision MBA applicant. Good luck to them!
This was a blind interview (the alumnus only had my resume). The interview started with the questions ‘Walk me through your resume/tell me about yourself’. It was extremely conversational. The interviewer did have a print-out of the Ambassador Handbook sent by Columbia and that had a number of questions that he could ask. He was taking notes from time to time.
A lot of questions were specific to my background but some common questions were:
1. Walk me through your resume
2. Plan B if Columbia does not work
3. Plan B if main career-vision does not work
4. What my company does and my role at the company
5. There is a lot of team work and team-based learning at Columbia and so what role do I see myself taking in a team?
6. Any questions for me?
The interview lasted for a bit over 30 minutes.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Columbia Business School admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching CBS’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from CBS applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind Interviews vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace