A Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan MBA interview report with questions was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant on-campus.
Interviewed on campus during a designated interview day at Ross. It’s a full day of activities, but the interview is the first thing we did as soon as arriving on campus and having a quick welcome address from the admissions team.
Everyone interviews with a 2nd year student on campus at Ross – my interviewer was very nice and it was a very casual and conversational environment. We both had similar post-MBA goals, so that helped with the flow of conversation. Overall, it was a pretty standard interview.
- Why MBA?
- Why now?
- Why Ross?
- What are some of your strengths?
- Describe a situation where something didn’t go as planned. How did you adapt to the situation?
- What is your leadership style?
- What is one question I didn’t ask today that you thought I would?
Followed by 10-15 minutes for you to ask questions. They are really trying to assess fit in this interview, so I recommend knowing your story and how you fit with Ross very well beforehand. You need to be polished and have solid answers for everything but also come across as someone your interviewer wouldn’t mind grabbing a beer with.
Wound up being admitted, and the adcom mentioned how positive my interviewers feedback about me was on the acceptance call.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Michigan / Ross MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Michigan / Ross Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Ross’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Michigan / Ross MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Team-based Exercise
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace