My McCombs interview was on January 18th in NYC with adcom member. It was a blind interview, so she had just reviewed my resume before I arrived. Very friendly adcom member, made it easy to relax and take my time answering questions. A lot of behavioral based questions, so have your stories ready, and also do your research on the school and extracurricular offerings.
- Walk me through your resume
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What is your plan b if these goals don’t work out?
- Why McCombs? Why now?
- How will you contribute to McCombs?
- Tell me about an experience in a team where you had a leadership role
- Tell me about a time when you had a positive impact on someone (did not have to be a work example)
- Tell me about a time when you came up with a creative solution to a business problem
- What work accomplishment are you most proud of?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
I asked 3 or 4 questions at the end specific to my interests at McCombs. She appreciated that I had done my research on the program and was taking notes as she answered my questions.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your UT Austin / McCombs MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit UT Austin / McCombs Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching UT Austin / McCombs’ interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from UT Austin / McCombs MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace