I interviewed with Eddie, who was very friendly and definitely put me at ease right off the bat. He asked how I was doing etc etc before getting into the actual interview.
Questions he asked me:
– Take me through your resumé, specifically your post-undergraduate work history
– I currently work with a family member, so he asked if there were specific professional challenges working with family
– Long and short-term goals
– Why Johnson? (I spoke about both faculty and extracurricular stuff I’m excited about and that aligns with my goals)
– What is your leadership style?
– Describe a difficult situation you had to deal with at work, and how you tackled it
– If I had to ask a direct supervisor or a colleague about you, what are 3 things he/she would say to describe you?
– Is there anything you would like me to communicate to the AdCom?
On the whole, it was not SUPER conversational, there was a structure to the interview but certainly much more positive and relaxed than a couple of others I’ve done.
Preparing for your Cornell Johnson MBA Admissions Interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Johnson’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Cornell Johnson MBA applicants themselves
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace