I had the interview through Skype with an Adcom member. The interview was quite relaxed and the adcom member was very friendly. He’s someone I am familiar with. I had a conversation with him through Skype in September 2019 when I was researching schools to apply to, and I interacted with him again briefly during the MBA Tour.
Here are some of the questions that he asked which I remember;
- What can you tell me about your resume after undergraduate?
- When did you develop an interest in Rotman, and why Canada?
- Which other schools are you applying to?
- What is your career ambition immediately after graduation?
- What impact have you had in your career (and he referred specifically to my last employer)?
- Tell me a time you showed leadership (and not positional leadership).
- Share with me a time you experienced professional failure. What did you learn?
- Share with me a time you learned something new. What was the circumstance?
- Tell me a time you disagreed with a colleague.
- What questions do you have for me?
(I asked 3 questions. I had contacted a current student to help me with areas I could ask the interviewer.)
We also talked about our common sports interest: soccer. He is from England and so we talked about the English premier league and the teams we support.
The interview lasted 40 min.
I must say that in hindsight, I could have done better with some of the questions. I pray that I will receive a favourable response by God’s grace.