Location: Interviewer’s office in Tokyo
After we got into the meeting room, the interviewer told me that he already read my application form and CV, and had no questions on them. He even let me decide how to proceed with the interview (interview first and then the Q&A, or vice versa)
Questions I got during the interview:
1. Do you prefer to do the interview in Japanese or English?
2. The interviewer shared with me some of the digital-related projects he is doing, and ask me about my thoughts about the general idea of how digital can help different industries.
3. How does my company do digital marketing?
4. What do you do in your current role?
5. How big is the market for the main product of your company? How do you track those who come to your website and those who don’t?
5. Following on the previous question, can you estimate the size of both groups of consumers?
6. What is your team’s KPI?
7. What exactly do you do to improve the website?
8. Can you give me an example of a successful project you did?
9. Can you give me an example of an initiative that failed?
10. Any questions for me?
The interviewer was very friendly. He shared a lot of his own experience in INSEAD, and what he think he could have done more during his MBA journey.