I interviewed on campus as part of the Women’s Interview Day. I enjoyed the programming as I was also able to have a mock class, coffee chat with current students, and fireside chat/lunch all in one go.
My interviewer had read my entire file, so they were able to ask me probing questions about my background and post-MBA aspirations. They obviously had done their research on me and had some specific follow-up questions, but it was also pretty casual and conversational. Many of the questions were personalized to me and my application. That said, there were some questions that I expect are asked of other candidates as well.
1) If I were to interview your colleagues, what are the things they might say about you both good and bad?
2) What would be your ideal job role and company post-MBA?
3) What is the thing that you weren’t expecting or surprised you most about Stern?
4) What clubs would you want to join as a Stern MBA student?
5) If you could teach any class, what class would you offer to your fellow Stern classmates?
I was told I could expect an admissions decision within 3 weeks of my interview and I got my acceptance call 2 weeks later!