The alumnus had graduated from Fuqua about 10 years and the age difference made the interview a bit like briefing to my boss. Just kidding.
- Self-introduction and follow-up questions about my current employer.
- My role in the team
- Failure story due to my fault and my solutions. He challenged my solutions and shared his view on this issue.
- Most important factor in mind when selecting school
- One factor that may cause me to decline Duke offer.
- Career goal. Since my CG is PE/VC industry, for which MBA may not help me that much, he shared his concerns and his viewpoints about the school’s strong suits.
- Any questions for him.
He shared a lot about his reason in choosing Duke and his personal gain during the experience.
The interview was very formal and he challenged me a lot. But I was very grateful to his sharing and his honesty. The interview lasted about 50 minutes and I had some reflections afterwards thanks to him.
In sum, the interview centered around cultural fit and my reason to pursue MBA.
Hope this can help.