I had my interview during the open period, with a 2nd-year student. She was very friendly and welcoming, and we had a great back-and-forth that felt natural and conversational. She had a copy of my resume.
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. What are your ST and LT goals?
3. Why are you pursuing an MBA, and why Duke?
4. What kind of person are you in a team?
5. What’s your biggest strength and weakness? Can you name a time when you exemplified that strength?
6. Who’s a leader that you look up to, and why?
7. Tell me about a time when you had to do something outside your comfort zone.
8. Tell me about a time when you had to navigate a conflict.
9. Do you have any questions for me?
The interview was about one hour, but time honestly flew by. We talked a lot about her internship and her experiences at Duke; she had a really nice disposition. Definitely falls right in line with the “Team Fuqua” spirit they all talk about.