October 18th, 2021 – Round 1
The interview was held through Zoom, in a very collegial atmosphere.
The interviewer was great: a very welcoming and nice second-year student! From the beginning, she made me feel comfortable and told me that she had only gone through my curriculum, as well as that she would be taking some notes during the interview about my answers.
List of interview questions:
- A little bit of conversation about my background and points in common we had to break the ice
- Walk me through your resume
- Responsibilities involved in my current position
- Time when I demonstrated leadership
- Why MBA? Why now?
- Why Yale SOM?
- How I’d contribute to the class/community Questions for the interviewer
- It’s worthy to highlight again: the interviewer was very friendly!
- There were no curve balls at all
- Length: ~30min
- Admissions decision: ADMITTED!
- Piece of advice: from beginning to end, be yourself! It may be hard because of all the tension that we (applicants) carry to the interview, but try to relax and let the answers flow through you mind/mouth (big alert here: be careful with over-rehearsing). Know the specifics of the school!