The interview went pretty nicely.
The school matched me with someone in the VC industry. I was nervous because I thought the wildly different background would work against me – quite the opposite.
Questions asked were:
- Walk me through your background +a few follow ups from that.
- Why CBS? Why now?
- Why do you want to move back to NY?
- Where (location wise) would you want to be in a few years?
- What if in 5 years, something happens and the industry doesn’t end up where you think it will end up (I was talking about Google’s new privacy policies), what job would you go for? Does it change your plans?
- Is Columbia your top tier school?
- Questions for him.
The interviewer was really nice – his philosophy was to see if he would like to see me as his classmate. If you’re passionate about what you talk about, and show that you’re really interested in what you want to do. Hopefully it should work out.