I opted for the open interview and a full day of programming. My interview was at 9 am, and I checked in at 8:30 am and found two very welcoming first-year students waiting in the lobby, giving us company and engaging in great conversations.
The interview started promptly at 9:00 am, with the interviewer briefly going over the process and introducing a little about himself. The questions thereafter flowed as follows (and I might be paraphrasing a bit here):
1. Please introduce yourself and share with me your journey thus far.
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Fuqua?
4. Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.
5. Tell me a time when you struggled with something.
6. Please share with me your experience with diversity.
7. Tell me a time when you dealt with conflict.
The interview was extremely conversational. As I answered questions, the interviewer would add his similar experiences. The interviewer shared the good and the not-so-good about Fuqua, which I really appreciated.
I met with a few other students throughout the day, and everyone I met was super down-to-earth, friendly, and eager to help.
I would like to add that pictures of the business school online do not do Duke’s beautiful campus justice. I am glad that I interviewed in person and got to check out the campus and meet with the people!