The following UT Austin / McCombs interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant. Good luck to them!
The interview was plagued with technological problems. My Skype interview was scheduled to start at 6pm and by 6:10 the interviewer had not yet accepted my request to connect. I texted him and he said he was having tech problems. Another ten minutes later he called me to start the interview. 18 minutes in the call dropped as his computer crashed and we had to finish the remaining 40 minutes via Facetime.
Despite this the interviewer was extremely friendly and accommodating. He explained the interview was blind and then started with a long set of behavioral questions especially focused on leadership. He was constantly taking notes. The interview despite being friendly felt very much like an interview (where he’d ask a question off his list and I’d answer while he took a lot of notes) not a conversation.
Questions asked included:
- Walk me through your résumé
- Skills acquired after graduating
- Story of leadership
- What is your leadership style?
- A time you solved a problem at work with innovative solution
- Difficult team situation and how you dealt with it
- A problem at work and how you solved it
- If someone does not pull their weight, how do you deal with it?
- Recent professional feedback
- What are you long and short term goals?
- How does the MBA fit into those goals?
- If career plan does not work, what is your plan B?
- Why McCombs?
- How will you be involved on campus?
- Questions for me?
Preparing for an upcoming interview at UT Austin / McCombs? Click here to get the Clear Admit UT Austin McCombs Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.