The following UT Austin McCombs interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
The interview was in the program office in Austin. The interviewer (a second year student), had a list of questions to ask, and walked us back to a smaller room. There he introduced himself, his professional background/future interests, and MBA involvement.
We then dove into a series of questions, and the interviewer did a terrific job making notes, and listening to my responses.
The following were questions he asked:
1. Walk me through your background.
2. Why McCombs, and why now?
3. Tell me about a time when you had to convince a team.
4. Give me an example of a time when you had to resolve a conflict.
5. What are your long term goals?
6. How do you see yourself being involved at McCombs?
There wasn’t much of a back-and-forth, the interviewer did not need to ask for clarifications, or push back on any of my responses. So the interview process was quite amiable, and to the point.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at UT Austin / McCombs? Click here to get the Clear Admit UT Austin McCombs Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.