The following Columbia MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Regular Decision applicant. Good luck to them!
After applying for admission in the regular decision round, I was working abroad at the time. I met with an alumnus who worked in the same city I was stationed in for an interview over coffee.
Overall, he was extremely welcoming and ran through the following questions:
1. Walk me through your résumé.
2. Why and MBA, and more importantly why now?
3. How long have you lived/worked in country X, and why did you decide to move here.
4. What are your short term/long term aspirations.
5. Tell me about a time you overcame cultural differences when working on a team.
6. What is the biggest problem you see facing your company today, and why?
7. Do you have any questions for me?
He did a very good job of keeping the conversation cordial and welcoming. Despite the curve ball questions at the end, I ensured to keep my responses genuine. He and I ended up talking for an additional hour after the official interview was over. Best of luck to everyone!
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Columbia? Click here to get the Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.