The following Columbia Business School MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Rolling Admissions applicant. Good luck to them!
I met my interviewer for lunch in NYC, very relaxed and I ended up having a great time and learning a lot about the school. The interview was very conversational and took 75 minutes which I think is quite long for a Columbia interview. He knew nothing about me and looked at my resume in the restaurant while we were eating (I brought a copy).
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Walk me through your resume.
3. Why Columbia?
4. What is your backup plan if you do not get in to Columbia?
5. what will you do if you do not land a job as a consultant?
6. Why do you want to be a consultant, what kind of consultant an what firms interest you?
7. What will you get involved in if you get accepted?
8. Any questions for me?
The interview was very straightforward and nothing unexpected. After talking with him I am even more excited about the Columbia experience.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Columbia Business School admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching CBS’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from CBS applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind Interviews vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace