MBA ApplyWire Spotlight: Enough Work Experience?
Welcome to another edition of MBA ApplyWire Spotlight, in which we highlight a pertinent post from an MBA applicant to one of our useful admissions tools. This week, we take a look at an applicant who’s hoping to work in the consumer goods industry post-MBA.
The applicant detailed their history and concerns:
Then, our resident expert, Alex Brown, kicked off the conversation about work experience:
Talk then turned to school choice:
The candidate then focused on work experience:
And Alex Brown wrapped it up with some useful advice:
Best of luck to those applying to their target schools!
Readying your applications? Do you know which business schools you will be applying to? Share your story on ApplyWire. It’s completely anonymous and only takes a minute to complete.
About the Author
Lauren Wakal is the Editor-in-Chief of Clear Admit, responsible for overseeing content creation for the site. Lauren has been covering the MBA admissions space for more than a decade, from in-depth business school profiles to weekly breaking news and more.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- Yale SOM to Host Free Chat on August 22nd – “What does Yale SOM look for in a candidate?”
- Fridays from the Frontline: Duke Fuqua – Gaining Marketing Experience During the Brand Challenge
- Admissions Director Q&A: Margaret O’Neill of Cambridge Judge Business School
- Episode 46: 4 Key Tips to Ace the GRE
- 21 Days to Go: Harvard Business School Round 1 MBA Deadline
- 20 Days to Go: UVA Darden Early Action MBA Deadline
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools