December EMBA Interview at UVA Darden with Adcom.
Very conversational. We toured the Sands Family Grounds first, then found an empty room to pop into for the interview. I believe it was blind, though I’d had a phone conversation with this particular adcom person a month prior.
- She asked me to walk her through my timeline in chronological order.
- She’d ask clarifying questions
- Why did I pick the Marine Corps?
- What role to I typical play on a team? (for example).
The interview was way easier than I expected and felt like a meet and greet typical at work. I felt questions were expected, so I was sure to bring some that I couldn’t have answered from the website (why do students choose EMBA over GEMBA format, for example).
I felt like the interview was mostly to determine if I would be a good cultural fit in the EMBA cohort, in order to add to the case method pedagogy.
Preparing for an upcoming UVA / Darden MBA Interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit UVA / Darden Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Darden’s interview questions, and more.
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from UVA / Darden MBA applicants themselves
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.