MBA DecisionWire Spotlight: Investment Banking via Chicago Booth or Columbia Business School?
In this MBA DecisionWire Spotlight, which highlights MBA candidates’ choices as shared in Clear Admit’s DecisionWire, we take a closer look at a candidate accepted to U. Chicago Booth and Columbia Business School and weighing where to go for investment banking.
The candidate laid out their conundrum in the post:
Clear Admit’s co-founder and admissions expert, Graham Richmond, weighed in:
The original poster then returned to expand on their experience with Booth—and a potential timing issue:
Clear Admit’s resident expert, Alex Brown, then suggested some further research into others firsthand experiences:
A community member then wrapped up the thread:
Congrats on your admits and best of luck with your decision!
See more feedback on MBA admissions decisions at:
- MBA DecisionWire Spotlight: Post-MBA at Bain, BCG or McKinsey
- MBA DecisionWire Spotlight: The Influence of Scholarships
- MBA DecisionWire Spotlight: Cornell / Johnson or UVA / Darden for MBB
Do you know where you’ll be going? Do you have a tough decision before arriving on campus? Share your story on DecisionWire. It’s completely anonymous and only takes a minute to complete.
About the Author
Lauren Wakal is the Editor-in-Chief of Clear Admit, responsible for overseeing content creation for the site. Lauren has been covering the MBA admissions space for more than a decade, from in-depth business school profiles to weekly breaking news and more.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- MBA News You Need: Georgetown McDonough Releases Glowing Employment Report, Berkeley Haas Seals STEM Approval for MBA Programs, Chicago Booth Shares Resources for Veterans, and More from Dartmouth Tuck and Michigan Ross
- Episode 66: MBA Crisis or Year of the MBA Applicant?
- Episode 65: Wire Taps—Consultant from Colombia, Social Impact and Considering Round 2
- Admissions Director Q&A: Tino Elgner of IE Business School
- Real Humans of Chicago Booth’s MBA Class of 2021
- Admissions Tip: Visiting the B-School Campus
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools