The following Dartmouth / Tuck MBA interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 Applicant. Good luck to them!
I interviewed during an open interview period.
I waited in the admissions office and a second-year student came to pick me up. She was very friendly and we walked together to one of the team meeting rooms, quite far from the admissions office. Looks like Tuck doesn’t have proper space for interviewing (both admissions and recruiting), and that was a bit disappointing.
The interview was blind, she just had my resume and took extensive notes.
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA?
3. Why Tuck?
4. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
5. What is your plan B?
6. What three good things would your supervisor say about you?
7. What are your weaknesses?
8. Tell me about a time your weakness created a difficulty for you
9. How would you contribute to a team at Tuck?
10. What classes will you take?
11. Tell me about a time you encountered an adversity but had to pick yourself back up
12. How do you work with a diverse team?
13. Tell me about one personal and one professional accomplishments you are most proud of
14. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict on a team
15. Is there anything else you wish we talked about?
16. Do you have any questions for me?
Overall very conversational, friendly interview experience. I think I messed up the weakness question though, and seeing how much emphasis they put on self-awareness, my advice would be to prepare for weakness-related questions really well. They are also interested in team players and you can tell that from the interview.
I was shocked by how hard to access and boring Hanover is, but every student I met during my visit was extremely warm, friendly, and helpful. You can tell they all are great people who love their school very much, so my opinion of Tuck definitely went up. Highly recommend to everyone to visit campus for the interview.
I have not applied to Tuck yet – will be applying in Round 2.
Preparing for an upcoming Dartmouth / Tuck MBA Interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Tuck School of Business Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Tuck’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Tuck applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Open Interviews vs. Invited Interviews
- Podcast Episode 16: Admissions Director Q&A With Tuck’s Luke Anthony Peña, Part I
- Podcast Episode 17: Admissions Director Q&A With Tuck’s Luke Anthony Peña, Part 2
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.