I interviewed for the Part-time Austin Evening MBA program. My interview was on campus with the Director of Evening MBA admissions in her office. The interview was blind, she had my resume but had not seen any of my application. We had some small talk and then got into the interview.
It started with pretty general questions and then shifted to behavioral questions.
- Explain your work experience focusing on skills developed during each role
- What excites you about your current role?
- How will you contribute to UT?
- What are you looking for in fellow classmates?
- UT is focused on increasing diversity. Tell me how you’ve supported diversity in your personal or professional life.
- Tell me about feedback you’ve received.
- Tell me about a conflict and how it was resolved.
- Tell me about an accomplishment you’re proud of at work.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your UT Austin / McCombs MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit UT Austin / McCombs Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching UT Austin / McCombs’ interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from UT Austin / McCombs MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace