The Clear Admit MBA Admissions Podcast has turned 200! That’s right, this week’s episode is the 200th edition of a podcast that was first launched in March of 2018. Needless to say, it has wildly exceeded our expectations. In celebration of such a milestone, we want to share a handful of fun facts and figures from the podcast.
- IF YOU RECORD IT, THEY WILL COME: Nearly a quarter of million people have tuned into the show over the past 3+ years (from virtually every corner of the planet).
- REAL HUMANS: Our “WireTaps” episodes, which air each Monday, have profiled over 370 real MBA candidates, using a case-method approach to help our listeners understand MBA admissions strategy.
- GOOD COMPANY: We’ve had the good fortune to interview deans of admissions, senior faculty, and numerous current students across the leading business schools in the world.
- MOST POPULAR GUESTS: Folks who have garnered the most listens include Chad Losee (Harvard Business School), Keith Bevans (Bain & Company), Blair Mannix (The Wharton School), and Dawna Levenson (MIT Sloan).
- MOST POPULAR EPISODE: The Seven Hardest MBA Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
- GEOGRAPHIES: Top markets where folks are tuning in include the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, Japan, India, Taiwan, Brazil, Germany, and France. We’ve also had listeners in Ecuador, Guyana, Uganda, Liberia, Cambodia, Montenegro, and Tajikistan.
- WEIRDEST PLACE WE’VE RECORDED: Inside a parked car along the Adriatic Sea near Barletta, Italy (in the heat of August). The engine and AC were both off to keep things quiet for recording!
- LISTENERS’ FAVORITE MUSIC: Aside from loving our show’s theme song, Clear Admit podcast listeners most often listen to the following bands: Taylor Swift, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Kayne West, and Adele (stats courtesy of Spotify).
- RATINGS: The folks over at Listen Notes place the podcast in the top 1.5% of the nearly 3 million podcasts they have rated for quality and listener loyalty. Apple Podcasts shows a 4.9/5.0 rating with dozens and dozens of glowing reviews from our kind listeners (thank you!).
- DAYS NEEDED TO LISTEN TO ALL 200 EPISODES BACK-TO-BACK: 4.58 (~110 hours).
- MOST COMMON ALEX BROWN CATCH PHRASES: A tie between: “Stay safe everybody,” and “Let’s kick on!”
- SPORT ALEX LIKES TO POKE FUN AT/FAVORITE SPORT: Baseball/Soccer
- SPORT GRAHAM LIKES TO POKE FUN AT/FAVORITE SPORT: Soccer/Baseball
We’d like to sincerely thank everyone who has ever joined us as a guest for an episode, sent in a profile for review, or simply tuned in. We’d also like to thank our sponsors, the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business, the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University, Bain & Company, and the University of Oregon’s New Venture Championship. On the hosting and production side, we’d especially like to thank Jeanette Brown, Jonathan Pfeffer, Alex Kelly, and Dennis Crowley for all of their time and dedication!
We’ll close out this landmark celebration with a handful of reviews that have truly warmed our hearts. Thanks again for tuning in and stay tuned – we feel like we’re still just getting started!